Here at La Palapa, mexican restaurant Santa Rosa, we are mexican food lovers. One of our favourite mexican dishes is the pico de gallo. It is a great appetizer or salad because is super healthy and tastes SO good. We usually eat it with some tortilla chips or with any Mexican like our famous terminator burritos
Everybody loves this recipe and it’s ready in just 5 or 10 minutes. It lasts about a couple of days in the fridge, but the veggies will go soggy, so I always make my pico de gallo just before serving. If you want to taste the pico the gallo, but you don’ t like to cook or just don’ t have the time for it, then come to our mexican restaurant in Santa Rosa, and you will be sure to taste this great mexican plate. Almost all our plates comes already with pico de gallo.
- Feel free to use any type of tomato or onion.
- If you don’t like spicy food, omit the japaleño. If you can’t find it, use any other fresh or dried chili pepper.
- If you don’t like cilantro, use some fresh parsley instead.
- Lemon juice is also a great choice.
Pico de Gallo | Mexican restaurant Santa Rosa CA
Everybody loves pico de gallo. It’s a super healthy recipe and is ready in 5 or 10 minutes. We usually eat it with some tortilla chips.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 2
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- 1 chopped jalapeño (fresh or canned)
- A handful of fresh cilantro (0.4 oz or 10 g), chopped
- The juice of half a lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Place all the chopped ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the lime juice and the salt and stir.
- Serve with some tortilla chips.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe (without the nachos)
- Calories: 28
- Sugar: 3.4 g
- Sodium: 255.1 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.6 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 1.1 g